Vision, Ethos and Values at Twineham CofE School
Our school vision was agreed with children, parents, staff and Governors in November 2016. This vision is underpinned by our aims and ethos as a distinctively Christian school. We aim to enable each child to discover and realise their full potential within a caring Christian community by:
- striving towards the highest standards while developing the school as a centre of excellence;
- creating a happy, purposeful, well-ordered and safe environment;
- delivering a broad, balanced and appropriately challenging curriculum while developing a love of learning by encouraging an imaginative and enquiring approach;
- ensuring genuine equal opportunities for children of all abilities, including those with disabilities;
- encouraging awareness of the individual and collective worth and needs of others;
- giving access to the Christian heritage of this country while recognising the need for awareness of, and respect for, other faiths;
- preparing each child for the next stage of his or her education and future in the wider society in which we live.
The spirit of Twineham School reflects the commitment of staff and governors to its Christian foundation; to loyalty, integrity, justice, equality, respect, courtesy and enthusiasm; and to the expectation of the highest standards from all members of the school community in all aspects of school life and beyond.
The headteacher, staff and governors are committed to working in partnership and to the expectation of strong leadership. They believe that they, together with pupils and parents, should be proud to belong to Twineham School.
Twineham is a Church of England School and we aim to:
- Develop spiritual, moral and cultural awareness in our school community based on a foundation of the Christian faith.
- Provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum enabling all pupils to achieve and enjoy.
- Set high expectations and give every learner confidence that they can succeed.
- Develop an ethos of mutual respect and cooperation.
- Create an environment in which children feel included, secure and valued.
- Encourage independence to enable participation in the wider world.
- Promote links with the wider community and encourage respect for our diverse society.
- Celebrate the achievements of all.
- Teach and learn how to learn.
Twineham is a church school, proud of its Christian ethos. We seek to promote a loving, caring supportive environment where everyone feels happy to learn and are welcomed, supported and valued.
Live every minute
Laugh every day
Love beyond words
Learn throughout life
And be a
Hope for the future
School Vision Statement
Twineham C.E. School will promote:
A love of learning,
A zest for life,
An attitude of love,
A hope for the future.
School Mission Statement
To provide the best learning opportunities and outcomes within the best relationships.