Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Disability Information
We believe that every child is a gift and every child is gifted.
Many children can have individual needs for which they may require additional support. Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO), Mrs Jodie Vaughan, is informed when a class teacher identifies any concern. Support is provided as soon as possible and our aim is to ensure that all our children are able to succeed to the best of their abilities. Parents are contacted at the earliest opportunity and kept informed of their child’s progress. We value our partnership between school and home and encourage parents to approach us to share any concerns.
The broad areas of SEND need are:
- Communication and Interaction
- Cognition and Learning
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties
- Sensory and/or Physical
- how we identify and support pupils with SEND
- our aims and objectives to strive to ensure that all pupils receive the support they require
- arrangements to support disabled pupils
- steps we have taken to prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- in line with the Equality Act 2010, how the school has been adapted to ensure that disabled pupils can take advantage of education, facilities and services offered by Twineham CE School
- how to make a complaint regarding SEND
- Ordinarily Available Inclusive Practice.pdf