Teaching Assistant vacancy
- Would you like to work in a friendly village school?
- Do you enjoy supporting children in a caring and nurturing environment?
- Can you show positivity, enthusiasm, patience and kindness to help all children achieve their potential?
If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply for this rewarding role at Twineham CE School. We are close to the A23, not far from Hurstpierpoint, Henfield and Burgess Hill, in a beautiful site by St Peter’s Church. We are proud of our Christian ethos and our values of Nurture, Togetherness, Resilience and Creativity – we believe that everyone is a gift and everyone is gifted.
Our wonderful children are enthusiastic and keen to learn. We enjoy working closely together with our highly supportive parents and Governors.
The role is for a Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and dedicated team. The post will initially be in our Poppy class with children in Year 1 and 2 helping the class and supervising play and lunch times.
Visits to the school are warmly invited. Please email Laura Kelsey, Headteacher, at email@example.com to arrange a tour of the school or to ask any questions; we look forward to welcoming you.
Twineham CE School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory references, health checks and DBS clearance. We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
The hours are 8:30am – 3pm from Monday to Friday (32.5 hours per week), term-time only. This post is initially fixed-term until July 2023.
Grade: 3-4 (£18,887 to £19,650 per annum, pro-rata) – starting grade will be dependent on experience.
Closing date: Tuesday 4th October
Interview date: Thursday 6th October am
Start date: as soon as possible
- Advert wording.docx
- Teaching Assistant Person Specification and Job Description September 2019.docx
- Teaching Assistant Job Description.docx
Part-Time Office Administrator 30 hours a week
(Term time only)
We require an experienced, flexible and highly motivated Office Administrator to work in our friendly village school. We are proud of our school and are committed to providing a happy and caring learning environment for our children. We are looking for a friendly and organised candidate to join our happy team at Twineham. Our school values of Nurture, Togetherness, Resilience and Creativity are inspired by Christian values and British values as we strive to find the best in everyone; every pupil is special and we work together to help all children reach their potential.
The right person for this role will:
- Communicate with parents, children and colleagues in a positive and helpful way
- Be organised and methodical, able to work in a busy office with shifting priorities
- Have a good telephone manner and be a good communicator
- Have good IT skills
- Be flexible and willing to learn
- Experience in a school office environment would be an advantage.
The role involves:
- Leading office tasks relating to attendance, admissions, after-school clubs and lunches
- Communicating with parents, children, colleagues and external organisations
- Arranging transport and costings for school trips
- Supporting the Headteacher with the happy and efficient running of the school.
The hours are:
Mondays 8:30am - 3:30pm
Tuesdays 8:30am – 11am
Wednesdays 8:30am - 3:30pm
Thursdays 8:30am – 3:30pm
Fridays 8:30am - 3:30pm
Twineham Church of England Primary School is committed to Safer Recruitment Procedures. Appointments to this post are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd September 2022.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01444 881207 if you have any questions or would like to visit our school. Please see below for the job description and application form which should be emailed to Laura Kelsey, Headteacher using email@example.com