Everyone is a gift and everyone is gifted
Our curriculum constantly evolves to engage and inspire our children and nurture their gifts. We aim to build upon the children’s interests, provide new opportunities and open new horizons for them.
Twineham Church of England School is a small rural school that aims to enable each child to discover and realise their full potential within our caring Christian community by:
- Striving towards the highest of standards and the development of the school as a centre of excellence
- Creating a friendly, happy, purposeful and safe environment
- Delivering a broad, balanced and challenging education while developing a love of learning by encouraging an imaginative and enquiring approach
- Ensuring genuine equal opportunities for children of all backgrounds and abilities including those with Special Educational Needs or disabilities
- Encouraging awareness of the individual and collective worth and needs of others
- Giving access to the Christian heritage of this country while developing awareness and respect for other faiths
- Preparing each child for the next stage of his or her education and future in the wider society in which we live.
At Twineham we teach the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum and the National Curriculum and RE. We strive to constantly ensure that teaching and learning is broad, balanced, flexible, relevant and inclusive. Highly differentiated lessons are planned to address areas of difficulty and remove barriers to pupils’ achievement.
Our values underpin everything we do – nurturing talents to help every pupil grow, using togetherness to support each other, developing resilience through growth mindset and perseverance whilst celebrating and promoting creativity.
Our curriculum enables children to make a significant contribution to their school community, equipping them for life in modern Britain and the wider world and supports and develops effective transition. We continually look for ways to improve the quality of teaching based on agreed qualities, standards and a reflective, collaborative approach. We promote independence and take account of the preferred learning styles and needs of our children.
Twineham is committed to providing equality of opportunity. Reasonable adjustments to the curriculum will be made to maximise opportunities for all children to access learning and the curriculum. In school every opportunity will be taken to celebrate differences, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
Reviewed: Spring 2020